Thursday, November 17, 2011

Garden Update

Last night in the dark we got most of my herbs in.  Some broad leaf sage, rosemary, dill, cilantro & oregano.  I planted some broccoli in 9 squares of the first bed with the green beans.  I was able to pick some greenbeans.  We planted them earlier but they have had a rough start do to critters munching on them and digging them up.  I think it's a skunk.  I finished planting the last of the lettuce.  Now we have bibb and ice berg.  We planted them 2 to a square since we will be picking them continually.

In the large bed on the sunny side of the house I planted an 8 foot row of spinach.  We picked a huge bowl of peppers.  Next year we will definately not take those out after the season.  We are going to leave these in to see how long they will go.  There are still lots of baby peppers on there.  Ian put in the tomatoes today.  I don't think he planted them on their sides this year. 

Tomorrow I plan to get the carrots in and the garlic and basil.  We need to get some more beet seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment